acrylic on canvas, 16 x 20 inches
Narratives loosely fits into my current series describing aspects of music with abstract painting. The narrative or lyric weaves in and out of the music, and the musical experience. There is a technique in Classical music called text painting, where the musical themes and motion are matched to a narrative.
Shop for a Giclee or printed Merchandise through RedBubble (better shipping to UK, EU, Asia, Australia)
- Symmetry Breaking (nerdlypainter.wordpress.com)
- Word Painting (thousandyearears.wordpress.com)
- A fusion of art and music in The Magic Link: Piano Albums by Schumann and Tchaikovsky (arioso7.wordpress.com)
- Monteverdi’s “Credo Amarilli” and the Transition from Prima Practica to Seconda Practica (kevgru.wordpress.com)
- Text and language (drawingimaging.wordpress.com)