Hand drawn ink on paper (archival art marker and pigmented felt tip). 5 x 8 inches Giclee reproductions are available (click here)
pigment ink and art marker on acid free paper, roughly 5 by 8 inches.
This is a pretty straightforward drawing of the principles in size exclusion separations and chromatography. Little porous beads are packed together, and a solution of molecules passes through the packed bed of beads. The large molecules are too big for the pores of the beads and they quickly pass straight through the packed bed. Smaller molecules can explore more of the bead porosity and take a longer path – and longer time – through the bed. The underlying mechanism is different than, for example, paper chromatography, which you can try at home.
Original Ink Drawing
POD Prints and Merchandise
POD Clothing and Merchandise
Print Rentals through Turning Art
- Chromatography or Separating Colors (sciencefunwithmom.wordpress.com)
- Solution Science: Colorful Candy Chromatography (scientificamerican.com)
- Chemistry Experiment (separation Methods) (handayaniburhan.wordpress.com)
- Chromatography – Fun with Filters (livesinthelife.wordpress.com)
- Expression and Purification of Functional Human Mu Opioid Receptor from E.coli (plosone.org)
- Chromatography (y12hb.wordpress.com)